Monday 5 March 2007

To text or not to text?

I've been out of the dating game for the last 17 years, so getting back in the saddle was always going to be difficult.

I have managed one date so far this year which was totally nerve wracking and ruined my 5 day abstinence from cigarettes.

But the time has come for me to start being more active and actually trying to find someone that I can actually have soem fun with.

My strategy so far has been to drink as much as possible and go out and hope for the best. As you can imagine this has been a spectacular failure.

It has only taken me about a year, but last week I finally decided that I needed a change of approach.

After reading through some advice online the common theme that came through was that women liked confidence (oh and someone who was not falling over and slurring).

So on Friday I went out trying to exude confidence. Accompanied by 2 younger work colleagues who both quite fancy their chances with the ladies I was determined to put in a good showing, and at least speak to some women.

Instead of standing on the sidelines power drinking I decided to get involved early, and almost got tagged by a rather large (ok she was massive) blonde in the first bar we were in, but despite the urgings of my mates I managed to dodge that bullet.

The confident routine seemed to be working and a couple of bars later and in a notorious cattle market - sorry club -I somehow managed to get a bit of slap and tickle with a petite Malaysian 'girl' (she told me outside the club that she was actually 40!) but she looked younger with my beer goggles on.

The worrying thing was that she texted me early on Saturday morning (surely too keen?), and whilst I controlled my alcohol intake slightly, by 2.00am I was still half cut?

I am totally clueless on the etiquette of this sort of thing. Should I text back?

1 comment:

Paul Browne said...

I have resisted the temptation to text back so far.

It hasn't helped that one of my fellow Friday drinkers described her as "a bit dwarfish with a funny face"

Oh well it was a good laugh at the time