Tuesday 13 March 2007

Let them eat cake

I have committed to making a cake for one of my work colleagues who is 30 on Thursday. Not sure why I offered as I have only ever made 1 cake before in my life.

No doubt it will get loads of abuse, not least because the girl in question has Tourettes.

Strangely enough none of my other work colleagues seem that keen on tasting my creation.

I'm not quite sure if that is because they doubt my culinary expertise, or because they remember the false allegations made by my ex wife in the aftermath of our marriage breakdown.

Being accused of trying to poison her and my daughter out of the blue, and suffering the indignity of a full scale forensic investigation by Scotland Yard certainly was not the best experience of my life.

After being 100% cleared by the police and having my wife withdraw the allegations in court, I wonder if people are genuinely worried?

No comments: