Tuesday 6 March 2007

Arts & Crafts

I'm desperately trying to use up my annual holiday allowance before the end of March so I don't lose them



So I got the chance to spend most of the day with my daughter Mia.


Having spent 6 hours with her on Sunday in the small confines of my flat I decided that we needed an activity to save me further cleaning (I hate cleaning!)

We tried a little arts & craft place in Chiswick http://www.art4fun.co.uk/ and spent about an hour painting a ceramic princess (from Disney).

You can't fault the logic of a 3 year old - when I questioned her decison to paint the hair red she came back with "some people put colour in their hair dad, so it could be red"

And when she accidently splodged red paint on the face, she just laughed and said "look Dad she's got a rash"

The place is pretty good (probably more suited to older children), and their are a lot of objects to paint.

Fairly expensive though (£5.95 per painter and then you pay for what you paint). So I spent £17.95 for an hours fun.

Another downside for me is that it takes 5 days to fire and glaze your work of art and you have to go and pick it up.

No comments: